Guest Column by Sue Stabe, Long & Short of It
Have you assessed the health of your brand lately? If you answered no, you’re not alone. We all get busy with the day to day of the business – selling our product, managing our staff, doing the finances, and everything else that comes with your job and business. But your brand health needs attention just like your physical health. It needs a check-up every year just like you.
Your brand check-up should include the review of several things. Grab your team, and as a team, answer the questions below. The answers may surprise you.
- How has the business changed in the past year?
- Do your mission, vision, and values still support the direction of the company?
- Can the team explain the mission, vision and values of the company? How are they living it daily?
- How is employee engagement?
- Is your brand message consistent across channels?
- Is your branding unified and cohesive across channels?
- Is your message clear and concise?
- What do your competitors look like? How are you differentiated?
- What do customers/prospects say about you and your competition? Is this what you want them to say?
Each of these contribute to the health of your brand. When something isn’t aligned your brand is at risk. When your brand is at risk, so is the success of your organization.
Once you’ve determined the health of your brand you can determine where you want to be and create a plan to get there.
Don’t let that little ache or pain turn into full blown surgery. Find out whether your brand is healthy today. Brand health = brand wealth.